To be eligible to register to vote in Virginia a person must:
- Be a resident of Virginia (A person who has come to Virginia for temporary purposes and intends to return to another state is not considered a resident for voting purposes)
- Be a U. S. Citizen
- Be 18 years old (Any person who is 17 years old and will be eighteen years of age at the next general election shall be permitted to register in advance and also vote in any intervening primary or special election)
- Not be registered and plan to vote in another state
- Not currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law
- If convicted of a felony, your right to vote must have been restored
NEW! Online Voter Registration Application https://www.vote.virginia.gov/
Click to apply to register to vote or update your current registration!
Or you can download the Virginia Voter Registration application here.
Absentee Voting Download the Virginia Absentee Ballot Application here.
Official Election Notice
"Uniform Military Overseas Voter's Act - 100 Day Notice
Did you know...
- If you have moved since you last voted, you need to register at your current address to assure your vote will count.
- It's a good idea for everyone to check their registration status - just to be sure - call the Registrar's Office at (804) 556-5803.
- If you need to register or update your registration download the Virginia Voter Registration Application.
- Check your polling place online.
If you have any questions regarding your registration status, or need information about obtaining an absentee ballot, please call the Registrar's office at (804) 556-5803.